Is it too dark to look scrumptious? That is how I remember Mom’s adobo as a young child – mean and dark. Surprisingly, A loves it this way, too. So join me and delve into the dark side of adobo.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 kilo chicken wings
- 4-5 tbsp of crushed garlic
- ½ cup of vinegar
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 pcs of peppercorns
- Combine the chicken with all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Marinate overnight. (Or marinate for at least 2 hours.)
- Pour chicken and marinade into a pan and simmer without stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Then continue cooking with occasional stirring until the sauce dries up.
- Add cooking oil, sprinkle with few drops of soy sauce and saute for another 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a serving platter.
Scoop a big bowl of rice and throw into the pan. Add a dash of salt and mix ‘em with the sauce that sticks to the pan. Serve hot with chicken adobo. Sinfully oily yet yummy! Marinating time not included in the above cook time.
How to Cook Adobo? Lemme Count the ways…