Goto. Comfort food. Childhood memories. Reminds me of “Goto Heaven” back home. This is my version.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Pinoy congee cooked with pork entrails and egg.
- ½ kg pork entrails (intestines), thoroughly cleaned
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled
- Whole onion, peeled
- Bay leaf
- 2 cups Jasmine rice (or glutinous rice)
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Sliced ginger
- Chicken broth
- Few cups of rice washing
- Fish sauce (patis)
- Onion spring, cut into ringlets
- Hard boiled eggs
- Add pork entrails in a pot of boiling water. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Discard water and wash the entrails. Pour enough water and bring to boil. Add whole garlic and onion, peppercorns and bay leaf. Simmer until tender (adding salt mid way through cooking), removing scum that rises to the top. Discard water and cut entrails to about 1 inch length.
- Brown uncooked rice in a heated large non-stick casserole. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat oil in the same casserole. Fry garlic until browned. Scoop out half and reserve for garnish.
- Add ginger and onion and saute for a minute.
- Stir in pork entrails and add patis. Saute for another couple of minutes.
- Add the browned rice and mix thoroughly. Pour in chicken broth with some rice washing and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer with continuous stirring until rice is cooked through. Adjust seasoning with more patis as desired. (Saffron would add color to it as well.) Serve hot topped with onion spring, toasted garlic and hard-boiled egg.
Cook time for pork intestines varies; thus cook time maybe longer than expected.
12 thoughts on “Goto”
I love this with lots of garlic.
Lynn´s last blog post..Eggs, Mine and His
oh my … comfort food! had these frequently while still in college … nakakamiss!
thanks for playing again, Iska
i really really do appreciate it!
maiylah´s last blog post..Food Friday
noong college ako ito ang bfast ko everyday. may goto stand kasi near the skool kaya eat muna b4 pasok
my entry for food friday is here
Great day for us Food Friday Eaters
Thanx for the Visit
Jay – Agent112778´s last blog post..Taste Test # 07 : Spaghetti Carbonara of Pizza Hut
I want more brown garlic for this. I know some people would “pour” patis on it, but it’s best without the fish sauce tho’.
K.noizki´s last blog post..Unrecoverable past
i loveeeeeeeee goto–especially on rainy nights! my old office was a stone’s throw away from the old Greenbelt I, at may Lugawan sa Makati noon d’on. ayyy, suki ako!:D
who’s from Bacoor here? You should try the cheap goto being sold at the front of SM Bacoor. It’s priced at P20 yet sinfully delicious. Bakang baka talaga!
Iris Pulga´s last blog post..My Yahoo account got hacked!
Iris… my sister is. Hmmm dapat mai-try nga yan!
I miss eating goto.
oh looks sooo yummmyyy! i love goto!
– gerkikay’s last blog ..Happy Graduation Batch 2010!
Thanks for all the comments! Goto definitely comfort food.
Hello mates, how is all, and what you would like to say about this paragraph,
in my view its actually remarkable in support of me.
sites recently posted sites
I have been absent for a while, but now I
remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I will try and check back more frequently.
How frequently you update your website?
Justin recently posted Justin