The boys love roast chicken and I donâ€™t mind cooking it for them. Â Chicken inasal and peri-peri are sure hits but for some reason the most basic works best. Â Salt and pepper, thatâ€™s all.
Browned, crisp skin. Â Tender, succulent meat inside.
I like brushing melted butter with chopped herbs on the white meat. Â I also spend a few minutes to make homemade gravy and I have happy, satisfied boys eating next to me.
Basic Roast Chicken
Recipe type: Main
- 1k free range chicken, washed
- Freshly ground pepper
- Melted butter with chopped parsley to brush on cooked chicken (optional)
- Potatoes, cut into wedges (optional)
- Baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 230 deg C.
- Dry chicken inside and out with paper towels. Rub the cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the insides of wings and thighs. Then truss the bird nice and tight. Then sprinkle salt and pepper all over. Place on a rack in a baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp of olive oil with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the potato wedges and mix to coat potatoes evenly. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken.
- Roast for 60 minutes (I usually follow 30 minutes per 500g). An option that I sometimes do is fan-grill setting at 190 deg C on the last 10 minutes. You may also remove the potatoes after 30 minutes or continue to roast with the chicken as desired.
- Remove chicken from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before removing the twine to serve with the baked potatoes and fresh salad greens. Beautiful when slapped with butter on white meat.
Prepare salad dressing, gravy or any sauce you want while chicken is in the oven. Or use the chicken juices on the pan to make your gravy. Dressing for the salad greens: 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, Â½ tsp Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper. How to make gravy: http://www.iskandals.com/eats/?p=6619
5 thoughts on “Basic Roast Chicken”
oh yes, simply salt and pepper works great, too! i loved it the first time my late MIL served it to us! Not only me, but my son, too! i like the idea of adding in butter…YUM! drooling here, lol.
appreciate much your taking the time to share and link over at Food Friday, Iska
enjoy the rest of the week!
maiylah recently posted Food Friday
I love butter on roast chicken too. Your chicken looks so lovely and plump.
Genie recently posted Tofu Tuesday: Slippers
There was barely a station to communicate in of, when we boarded, I could
distinctly have the car leaning over. A light
flashed around the media operations computer, and Kylie was watching.
led light bar mounts dodge light bar mounts jeep In fact the barren-looking landscape we
had arrived passing through made them look strangely isolated, unlike part of the large city.
Due to their popularity, you’ll find hundreds of types of LED flashlights
available. Black – Berry forum have been flooded with
complaints regarding several issues related for the Torch 9800 notification bar.
led light bar mounts dodge recently posted led light bar mounts dodge
Ben 10 ultimate alien toys are a fan favorite since
the kids often feel the type and situations themselves.
These affordable F150 accessories like grilles, nerf bars, floor mats, tanneau covers, wheels, desh kits and bed grills are available at several retail stores of your
respective Ford F150. Nerf guns and football
target Specialists typically advise small sized toy-type airplanes to feed up severe mishaps.
Many in years past before plastic was invented,
wood was used to generate the toys which children cherished and played with.
There are pull toys and push toys for toddlers, and alphabet block toys for that little ones.
Nerf guns and recently posted Nerf guns and