I love the fact that the kid is having food tech at school I am always looking forward to what heâ€™s gonna bring home every Thursday afternoon.Â Last week Antonio and 3 other boys baked pizza scone rolls.Â He ate one at school and brought homeÂ apiece to show me.Â Heâ€™s very proud of it!Â I tasted it then let him finish it all.Â Itâ€™s the 1st one from their set of recipes to try â€“ their chosen theme named Spring Halloween.
Last week, he told me he must bring butternut pumpkin to school.Â So this morning I prepped half a pumpkin for him – peeled, deseeded and cubed.Â Lo and behold!
Isnâ€™t it gorgeous?Â I love the way he took this photo at school.Â Two of them like the idea of scattered dry leaves… so creative these tween food blogger wannabes!
He came home with a container full of creamy pumpkin soup.Â I heated it up and tasted.Â Oh my God unbelievably yum!Â Seriously itâ€™s good.Â I told him Iâ€™m not saying it because it’s my job as his mom but it really is good.Â Below is one of the photos we both took at home.
“I would like to say that me and my friends are happy about the recipes we are going to make at school.Â Our theme is Spring Halloween . Next week, we will be making Mini Vampire Muffins!Â Iâ€™ll be back next week! “ – Antonio ^_^
- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chicken flavoured stock powder
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all vegetables until golden.
- Add 2 L boiling water to the pan and stir in stock powder.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
- Using a stick mixer liquefy all the soup until itâ€™s nice and smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
Update (18 Nov 2012):
Antonio cooked the dish this morning as part of our lunch – entree to go with Roasted Peri Peri Chicken.Â As he was only cooking for three, we tweaked the ingredients as follows:
400g pumpkin cubes
1 small potato, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 small onion, diced
8 1/4 cup chicken stock
Freshly ground pepper
Prep time about 10 minutes and cook time about 30 minutes.