I like a slice of lemon in my glass of coke and even inside my bottle of beer. But ever heard of lemon water? This refreshing, rejuvenating drink is simply water with slices of lemon in it. I now have this habit of having a pitcher of lemon water next to me while working.
Try it. It’s really good. What are the benefits of drinking lemon water? Check this out:
Apart from being an amazing body alkalizer/alkaliser, lemon water also gives the following health benefits:
- Lemons are antiseptic.
– Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems.
– Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys.
– Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium.
– Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma.
– Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C.
– Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser.