This is what I normally do if I have left-over steamed shrimps. Super easy and simple without the thick breading, which explains the lack of flour in this recipe. You could also use the same recipe using uncooked shrimps marinated in salt and pepper or whatever you want in them.
- 1 kilo shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 Egg, beaten and season with salt & pepper
- (More eggs depending on quantity of shrimps)
- Dry bread crumbs
- You need 2 plates; one for the egg mixture and one for bread crumbs. Position them next to your frying pan, the plate of bread crumbs in between.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer. Dip shrimp in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Fry in hot oil. Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with ketchup, tartar sauce or whatever floats your boat. Enjoy!
An entry for Lasang Pinoy, Sundays. Left-Over.