Are you having problems with vegetables for the little one? If your answer is yes, try this. A recipe from a friend of mine. Funny how when we see each other online (Facebook it is!), we end up talking about food. It’s actually the second recipe I tried from him; the first being Thai Basil Fried Rice. Also YUM.
Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. L’s posted Youtube clip. It is so easy to follow.
L’s “tamiong”! (There’s a story why it’s called that way hehehe…)
Breaded Eggplant with Sesame Cheese and Garlic-Lemon Sauce
Author: Iska based on Mr. & Mrs. L
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 large ggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Parmesan Cheese
- Combine beaten egg and soy sauce with a dash of salt in a bowl.
- In a plate, combine Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds.
- Position your preparation plates next to the frying pan in this order: the pan on far left (as my kitchen dictates), next to it is the plate of cheese and sesame seeds mixture, then the egg mixture, then the flour on far right.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer over medium-high heat.
- Coat slice of eggplant with flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and then coat with sesame seeds and cheese mixture on both sides. Fry in batches for about 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
Ingredients for the sauce: Juice of half a lemon 1 tbsp Minced garlic 2 to 4 tbsp Mayonnaise A dash of salt Combine all of the above ingredients and serve with breaded eggplant. I also had Tuscan beef sausages on the sides.
Lasang Pinoy, Sundays. Freestyle.
11 thoughts on “Breaded Eggplant with Sesame Cheese and Garlic-Lemon Sauce”
I was thinking of fish. So they’re eggplants. I love eggplant omelette. This is new twist for me. Katakam-takam.
– Lynn’s last blog ..Puto Bumbong
yummeee!!! sister! yung Tuscan beef sausages mo, mukhang yummy din! parang wala pa akong nakikitang ganyan dito. san mo nabili?
Sa isang meat shop sa Mt. Eden. Sarap din pero mas masarap yung kanilang Italian bacon. As in!
Looks yummy! Sadly I’m the only one who eats egpplant here lol’ll try maybe they’ll change their minds…
– g_mirage’s last blog ..Renovation and more
this is a really good idea. my son doesn’t like veggies so much.
– alpha’s last blog ..Lasang Pinoy Sundays: freestyle.
im a fan of fried talong but not of sesame seeds, ill jaz omit the seeds, thanx for sharing
my entry is here
magandang araw ka-lasa-ista
Salamat sa pagbisita
– jay – agent112778’s last blog ..Food Trip # 13 : Panagatan’s Bilao set C
this is something new…will try it sometime. i don’t like eggplant that much, baka ito magugustuhan ko.:P
– luna miranda’s last blog ..Kare-Kare for Lasang Pinoy, Sundays
I love this recipe. I recently made this without the seeds, just egg whites and parmesan. Very yummy. I’ll try it next with sesame seeds.:)
– Oggi’s last blog ..Cornish Hens Inasal
uy i missed out on this! mukhang interesante! gagawin ko rin!!! thanks!
– CES’s last blog ..Signs [Litrato]
it’s now waiting for on the table..can’t wait to dig in! thanks!:)
– ces’s last blog ..plastic
ahhmm..pls ignore the ‘for’ btw, i made a little tweaking due to availability of ingredients..haha no sesame seeds and i used lime juice instead:)
– ces’s last blog ..plastic