No, this wasnâ€™t lunch or dinner last weekend but a few months back when I was given a â€˜pabaonâ€™ upon attending a friendâ€™s birthday party.Â Such a treat!Â There might be another way of cooking leftover lechon but having a large chunk in NZ is such a rare occasion I can only think of ‘recycling’ it as pinaksiw.
- Approx. 1k lechon, chop into chunks
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup lechon sauce (Mang Tomas Liver Sauce)
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- Approx. 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup stock
- Spring onion cut into ringlets (optional)
- Combine all the above ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to boil then lower to simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Garnish with spring onion.
Below was lechon served last New Year’s Eve