I haven’t started cooking for LP6 and I am already listing down 10 random facts about myself that most of my readers don’t know. I’ve been tagged by Ces of essenCes for this ‘too much info’ meme. Half-tagged, I guess, and this is my 2nd meme. The 1st one is food-related.
Anyways, I decided to list down what I find interesting, amusing, funny or even weird…
1. I remember quite vividly some scenes during my very 1st birthday.
2. I was a member of my HS choir despite my lack of talent in singing.
3. I was about 6-7 years old when I watched King Kong with my dad. 29 years later, my dad and I watched Peter Jackson’s remake with my 5-year old son.
4. After a painful breakup with a boyfriend years ago I actually proposed marriage to a gay friend of mine. Some kind of a marital arrangement that alleviates societal obligations. Blah blah blah. Seriously.
5. Sleepless nights for me means a string of dreams and the weirdest are those of gay women & orgies.
6. I have a book of poems written since I was 12 until I was about 25. I still keep it.
7. I drafted my 1st architectural layouts when I was 8.
8. My math is definitely above average.
9. When I was 16, I promised myself I should have breast implants by 30. I’m way past 30, still flat and lost interest in the idea a long time ago.
10. My real name is neither Francisca nor Francesca.
I’m tagging stel of baby rambutan, kai of bucaio, lani of CHIBOG CHICKA LAKWACHA ATBP, JMom of In Our Kitchen, toni of wifely steps. Post 10 random and interesting facts about yourself and they don’t necessarily need to be food-related. And tag 5 people, too.
I am not a professional cook. My only claim to having a culinary background is a short stint as my dadâ€™s teen â€˜sous chefâ€™ in his carinderia ages ago. Dad ran small eateries since I was a young kid - serving standard â€˜turo-turoâ€™ food ranging from the likes of menudo, adobo, pritong isda, dinuguan, binagoongan, bopis, munggo, pinakbet and giniling to merienda fares like goto, ginataan, pancit bihon, halu-halo and saging con yelo.
My father, a farmer in his hometown before working his way to becoming an accountant, definitely influenced my cooking in a lot of ways than I thought. My siblings and I were raised in a backyard full of fruit trees and vegetable garden. We spent weekends and the summer breaks running around with ducks, chickens, goats and pigs. I had wonderful memories of gathering eggs, butchering chickens, selling vegetables and the sweet aroma of preserved fruits. But my love for art led me to a degree in Architecture. Just few months after getting my license, I went abroad and lived independently at age 23. Definitely no maid, no cook, and a totally different food culture. Along the way I met lots of friends and spent what seemed a lifetime learning new tricks and recipes.
Now living in Auckland, I am a work-from-home mum who juggles time between work, fun and family - in pursuit of work-life balance. No matter how busy I am, I love the idea of cooking for my family. My blog chronicles home cooking greatly influenced by life outside my home country from Southeast Asia to Beijing and Auckland. And most of the time, being busy also means easy (sometimes quick), affordable meals.
8 thoughts on “10 random (and weird) facts about iska”
hahaha! short but quirky! nice one pare ko! hahaha. i was also a choir member! ..i miss tuloy our brunei-days â€“ jamming…
f_____s!!! [isip ko pa, bigla..aha!] if you don’t want it publicized, just edit..hahahaa!!!
oh and thanks! see, i still have more to know bout you..now, mike…
Hahaha, funny, I don’t think I could come up with something as laughingly interesting as yours…
Wouldn’t you know, I was a choir member, too! Maybe you, Ces and I could form a vocal trio, riot siguro!
OK, I can probably come up with 10 random things, but do they have to be interesting? I am pretty boring. but I’ll try. Oh, your title says WEIRD. Ok, we’re getting closer. maybe I can find something weird then.
Will catch up on memes soon! This one sounds like fun.
at 1 you remember things
thats weird or you just have a good memory…
ces & kai, i’m glad i made u laughed. kung mag trio tayo, inangkupo! baka mahawa kayo sa boses ko
yes sha a bit weird, flashes of memories. yun ang pinakauna… good memory nga siguro but after i gave birth naging malilimutin na
JMom & Kai, i will be looking forward to read info about u. im sure u both could come up w/ really interesting facts.
Tee hee hee! I’m so giggly after reading this list.
Si Cecilia talaga, kung anu-ano ang ipinalalabas!
How nice to know a bit more about you â€“ other than you do a really great blog and are an artist in cooking too