This is officially the last day of my week-long holiday and I’m back to “reality” tomorrow. It was a fun-filled week bonding with the kiddo – parks, Ice Age 3, McDonald’s breakfast, libraries, trip to Heritage Auckland Homes, malls, train trips, SkyTower, bungee jumps, what else. We definitely had fun and I’m gonna miss all these starting tomorrow. The kid will also be back to school.
Anyways, another quick crunchy fix for the kiddo – deep-fried calamari and spring rolls. The crusty calamari rolled in crumbs is perfectly complemented by Thai-style mild chili dipping sauce. Our lunch few hours ago.
- Clean squid rings (1 packet of frozen squid rings will do)
- 1 Egg
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate squid rings with salt and pepper for at least half an hour.
- Beat egg and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- You need to position your preparation plates next to the frying pan in this order:
- In my case, the pan on far left. Next to it is the plate of bread crumbs, then the flour, the last being the beaten egg.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer over medium-high heat. Add about 4-5 squid rings into the egg mixture. Coat them with flour, then with bread crumbs. Fry in batches for about 4 to 5 minutes or until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Lasang Pinoy, Sundays. Crusty.