Since I got hold of that salad book, I just couldn’t stop myself from preparing salads after salads – from my packed lunch to work to my personal side dish at home. Personal? Because my veggie and fruit list is longer than my boys. But this warm lamb salad here is friendly to both of them.
Warm Lamb Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 500g lamb stir-fry
- 2 tbsp tropical juice (or fresh orange juice)
- Medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Green round beans, trimmed
- Carrots, sliced thinly (or make small florets as shown)
- Salad greens (I had lettuce and watercress)
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp tropical juice (or fresh orange juice) for the dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Marinate lamb with 2 tbsp of tropical juice and freshly ground pepper. Cover and let stand in the fridge for at least half an hour (or overnight).
- Place potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes then add carrots and beans. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Scoop out and place into a colander. Plunge into cold water, drain and set aside.
- Arrange potatoes, beans, tomatoes and carrots on top of the salad greens.
- Blend the dressing ingredients well (the last 3 ingredients listed above). Pour half of the dressing over the salad and set aside.
- Drain lamb. Heat oil in a non-stick wok until smoking hot. Stir-fry lamb in batches and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked to personal preference, (sprinkle salt halfway through cooking). Arrange lamb and egg slices on top of the salad then pour over the remaining dressing. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and serve. Yum.
Marinating time not included.
3 thoughts on “Warm Lamb Salad”
I have difficulty cooking lamb (pork as well) They turn out rubber-like lol! This dish looks so appetizing…
– Mirage’s last blog ..Gugelhupf
With lamb or pork steak, you just have to pan-fry it over high heat fro about 4 to 5 mins each side. You can add a minute, depende sa init ng kalan. But this way, it’s gonna be browned real good and juicy inside pero hindi bloody. Serve right away, malambot yun sigurado. Try it.