A week ago, Antonio cooked mini vampire muffins at school with his friends. As usual he came home with few pieces to show me. Well I’m impressed! They taste fantastic and I made him promise to make some for us one weekend.
Voila! These are the muffins he made last Sunday sans icing.
The boy in Action
At school they tweaked a recipe from About.Com to suite their mini muffins and decorated them with black icing. He’s a bit disappointed with their presentation though, he said they fail big time when it comes to making them pretty.
Below is the recipe he followed at home.
- ½ cup melted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups standard flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Melt a chunk of butter using the microwave. Melted butter should be ½ cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Then add sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Stir-in a small part of melted butter into the egg and milk mixture, little by little until finished. Make sure that butter is no longer hot enough to cook the egg.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture. As written in the original recipe, mix it no more than 10 seconds, doesn’t matter if it’s lumpy, that’s perfectly OK.
- Pour batter into well-greased and floured muffin pan and bake immediately for 20 minutes.