What do you do when youâ€™re in a waiting area?Â Like before a meeting or an appointment with your accountant, a dentist or your doctor?Â Play an app on your smartphone, yes, but there are times when it’s not exactly appropriate.Â What do I do in a situation like this?Â Well, I read the magazines and usually go straight to the food section.Â This breadstick thingy grabbed my attention better than the soup recipe it goes with. (Was it soup? I canâ€™t be sure.)Â Yup, this isnâ€™t the first time I get ideas for what to cook in our doctorâ€™s waiting lounge.
This is a no-brainer snack that I make for the boys. They really love it. Sometimes I use hazelnut spread instead of cream cheese.
- 12 sandwich bread slices (in the photo attached I used wholemeal)
- Cream Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C.
- Place a pair of bread slices in between plastic wraps then flatten with a rolling pin (or in my case, I use a pestle).
- Spread cream cheese on each slice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll up tightly and arrange on a lightly-greased baking tray. Brush olive oil on each roll.
- Bake at 190 deg C for about 20 minutes until browned and crisp.