I am slowly getting busy again with my work and of course Iâ€™m not complaining.Â Having said that, I am back to serving quick meals to my hungry boys.Â Below was dinner a couple of nights ago â€“ pan-seared steak tossed with stir-fried beans, cabbage and caramelized onions. The vegetables were all I had in my fridge, as I havenâ€™t been to the market yet.Â I was happy to have this â€˜saladâ€™ for dinner while the boys ate their portions with rice.
Pan-Seared Sirloin Steak with Stir-Fried Beans, Cabbage and Onions
Recipe type: Salad
- Approx. 350g sirloin steak
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- Green beans, sliced diagonally accross each bean
- Shredded cabbage
- Approx. ¼ cup cooking wine (or white wine)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Rub salt and pepper all over steak, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan. Cook steak for about 4 minutes each side (to achieve medium rare). Transfer to rest on a cutting board while you stir-fry the vegetables. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add a bit of oil in the pan if necessary. Stir-fry onions until soft and caramelized. Pour a bit of cooking wine to deglaze pan. Add beans and stir-fry for a minute. Add the rest of the cooking wine and let the liquid sizzle. Add the shredded cabbage and stir-fry until both beans and cabbage are cooked al dente. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Slice steak thinly and toss into the bowl of stir-fried vegetables. You may squeeze a bit of lemon juice if desired.
Marinating time not included in the total cook time.
9 thoughts on “Pan-Seared Sirloin Steak with Stir-Fried Beans, Cabbage and Onions”
Wow so simple; looks absolutely delicious!
Oggi recently posted Olive Garden-style Breadsticks
thanks for sharing. You gave me a sumptuous idea on what to prepare for lunch today:)
genefaith recently posted Barbie Cake
Ahhh … that looks really good. The boys certainly are lucky to have a mom like you. Very good photography, too!
Cheers … visiting from Food Trip Friday!
Tito Eric of Panglao Island, Bohol recently posted Bread Talk – Part 6: Bagels
Quick, easy, and delish!
Dexie recently posted Shrimp Tofu & Asparagus Stir-Fry
my kind of ulam.:P
unfortunately, my mom doesn’t like pan-seared meat–to her, it looks raw.:p
Luna Miranda recently posted Boodle fight
thanks for sharing this post. I will grab your recipe when I have all the ingredients available here.
Yummy!! and healthy coz it has veggies
Oh, my! I so like this. Feeling hungry right now and thinking for the white rice:)
Visiting from FTF- hope you can stop by..
Leah H. recently posted Pop That Corn
love this! the simplest ones are usually the best! fast, too (which I like! lol). will try something similar..will be using pork instead.
thanks so much for sharing and linking over at Food Friday, Iska
maiylah recently posted Food Friday