I always do stir-fries; at least once a week – pork, chicken, beef, or shrimps. Â ‘Pag busy-bisihan o pangtamad ba.Â Â The usual suspects are broccoli (kids just love it), green beans, bean sprouts and anything leafy. Â I make it classic pinoy, saucy, or dry, or with noodles. Â When saucy, the desired flavor varies from time to time but our latest favorite (or at least mine as I am the one who cooks) would be the one I described below. Â I call it Asian-style. Â I usually marinate my choice of meat with a mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil, garlic and ginger, then stir-fry until browned or caramelized. Â But with shrimps, I stir-in the mixture after stir-frying.
Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Vegetable or salad oil for stir-frying
- Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 small capsicum, sliced thinly
- Broccoli florets, stems cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- In a bowl, mix ½ cup of water with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil, a pinch of salt and a dash of freshly ground pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix ⅓ cup water with cornstarch. Also, mix well and set aside.
- Heat Â½ tsp oil in a wok over medium to high heat. Stir-fry onion slices for a minute or until al dente. Scoop out and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the wok. Stir-fry carrots for a minute then transfer to the same serving bowl with the cooked onion. Repeat this procedure with the sliced capsicum and broccoli; stir-frying one vegetable at a time. Just remember not to overcook broccoli - stir-fry for about a minute until crisp. Wipe wok clean in between cooking these vegetables if necessary.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the wok. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry over medium heat until fragrant. Transfer to another plate.
- Add a tsp of oil to wok and turn up heat to high. Stir-fry shrimps for about a minute in batches. Stir in cooked garlic and ginger. Throw in all cooked vegetables and give it a good stir to mix the shrimps with the vegetables. Add the reserved marinade mixture and stir into the vegetables; it should be well heated in a minute.
- Stir in reserved cornstarch mixture. Mix thoroughly and cook for another 30 seconds or until sauce thickens. Transfer to a serving bowl.
15 thoughts on “Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry”
I’ve tried many times to cook the same, oftentimes it turns into a different taste.
hope you can visit me, too: http://diningsofjoy.blogspot.com/2012/03/casa-armas.html
Oh I hope you try it again, joyfulmom. The trick is to cook each kind of vegie one by one, making sure not to overcook. I know you will be able to do it
i love this :)) thanks for sharing
u8mypinkcookies recently posted Thai Noodles- Mixed Special
I love shrimps and broccoli, and the two combined is something I can’t resist! Here’s my FF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/04/a-hearty-lunch-at-floating-island-restaurant/
Tetcha recently posted A Hearty Lunch at Floating Island Restaurant!
ooooh, this looks delicious!!! craving for one of these right now….
thank you so much for sharing over at Food Friday, Iska
maiylah recently posted Food Friday
ahh, this is my favorite!
i was planning to cook this but the broccoli at the supermarket was not fresh anymore. will see if i can buy some broccoli tmrw.:p
Luna Miranda recently posted Dolce far niente/SWF
Nothing like a good stir-fry, the shrimps look delicious!
the food dude recently posted Time for More Cookie Love with SweetLeaf Soft Batch Wasabi White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oh, my lord! That looks so incredibly delicious!
Tito Eric recently posted Bohol’s Lenten Festival
oh,my! this is one of my favorites…yum!
love stir-fries kasi madaling gawin… and it makes you eat vegetables…
peachkins recently posted Hot Wings!
I want that. Broccoli is my favorite..Thank’s for sharing..
Visiting for FTF- hope you can stop by:)
Leah H. recently posted My Pork Barbeque
that looks very delish and healthy too I love shrimps it makes me drool Dropping by from FTF
I love broccoli too, I usually steam mine it is perfect with your shrimp too, looks very delish Dropping by from FF
Jessica Cassidy recently posted Assorted ten (10) Timbits
this one looks so delicious…thanks for sharing your recipe! i love to do stir fry din, but your’s so perfect, i will try it and hope i can make it as good as yours, hehehe, dreaming! visiting late from last week’s FTF, hope to see you around. thanks and have a great week.
Goodness gracious! I love broccoli and shrimps, and your dish is making me drool. Awesome!
Tito Eric recently posted Scarborough Shoal Conflict